PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Bolt hood lock and JWM grill insert

Rich Z
11-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Finally got around to installing the Bolt hood lock and JWM grill insert yesterday on the Jeep. Grill was rather easy to pull off, but the plastic push pin puller tool I bought had a little trouble with those recessed pins. Worked much better on a flat surface.

Mounting the hood lock was pretty straight forward, but I did botch up the first rivet I put in. Didn't push the pin into the rivet tool all the way for the final draw, so it didn't tighten the rivet. I had to take a Dremel with a cutting blade to remove it so I could put in another rivet. No big deal, but I should have paid more attention with that first one.

Putting the grill back on went OK, but that passenger side marker light was a little finicky about going back in. Seemed to be easier putting the driver's side in first.

The lock isn't exactly centered in the hole in the grill insert but it's OK. The lock works OK and there was no blood or broken bones in the process of doing the installations.

BVhquUaLfjM

Oh, btw, the first grill insert I got was bent up on the corner, but an email for JWM and they had another one on the way to me. The bent corner was really easy to fix, and a dab of Rustoleum black touched up some exposed metal. Thanks to JWM for sending the replacement, anyway. They told me I could just keep and fix the first one, and sell it if I wished to. Right decent customer service in my book.